Go Back   Gametramp > Public Genital > Ask/Tell

Old 02-Nov-2010, 20:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
Vincent. You are a soldier, as am I. You are a man, as am I. The other people in this community are children. They're 15.

You are supposed to protect them; not hurt them.

I'm stunned. Absolutely stunned.
Yeah...we were 15 four years ago...
Old 04-Nov-2010, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
Vincent. You are a soldier, as am I. You are a man, as am I. The other people in this community are children. They're 15.

You are supposed to protect them; not hurt them.

I'm stunned. Absolutely stunned.
Not an excuse to never spell correctly or to not make any effort to be mature in any way, shape, or form... I've never seen a reason for not doing so..

Any ?value,? aside from a regrouping of maybe 5 people from the Pandemic forums, if it was even really ever present, is no longer here..
Place is seemingly dead, if it was ever alive is questionable at best... My point is, if I even have one, is this forum consists of a few teenagers, 4 or 5 men, a group of administrators that may or may not even view this place anymore, Thrasher sees this and has no incentive for being a decent member, so why should we be nice to him? And I feel this place has been doomed to forever be this way:
Bashing Thrasher
Help with some IRL problems as best anyone here can
Argument over topic of the week
Bashing Thrasher
Political debate

This has been another off topic post by Merx Back.
Join me next time in ?Pancakes: Are They Awesome??
Old 05-Nov-2010, 17:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerX Back 91 View Post
Not an excuse to never spell correctly or to not make any effort to be mature in any way, shape, or form... I've never seen a reason for not doing so..

Any ?value,? aside from a regrouping of maybe 5 people from the Pandemic forums, if it was even really ever present, is no longer here..
Place is seemingly dead, if it was ever alive is questionable at best... My point is, if I even have one, is this forum consists of a few teenagers, 4 or 5 men, a group of administrators that may or may not even view this place anymore, Thrasher sees this and has no incentive for being a decent member, so why should we be nice to him? And I feel this place has been doomed to forever be this way:
Bashing Thrasher
Bashing Thrasher
Political debate

Totally agree. The other thread says we haven't made anything of this place. A place this small isn't going to ever really be super active with only >50 members.

Also I think we more or less have an "argument of the day"
Old 06-Nov-2010, 20:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
Totally agree. The other thread says we haven't made anything of this place. A place this small isn't going to ever really be super active with only >50 members.

Also I think we more or less have an "argument of the day"
I've seen it range from 5 hours - 1 1/2 weeks...
Old 09-Dec-2010, 20:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerX Back 91 View Post

Bashing Thrasher
Bashing Thrasher
Political debate

Post maybe old, but I never bothered to view this thread until now.

Below are the reasons why Pandemic died to me:

1. Fargo, Laz, Gator, and countless others aren't here. And those people fucking made the place. We had our own culture and memes, The internet feared our Man-Eating Grass.

2. Everyone was excited for Mercs 2, and honestly when it came out the forums started to die. Eventually we realized this game ended up sucking and that did more damage. 3 YEARS EXCITED FOR BULLSHIT. (I love pandemic and fully blame EA, they're fuckers.)

3. Forum games we're the shit. But now as a High School-er that has more important things to do, they seem boring when I could play Total War as opposed to DW. (Not implying that your some sort of loser for playing text based games, some people really enjoy them.)

4. We had the sweet PEF playstation clan for CoD, Pandemic was our base and as soon as that wasn't as big anymore that ruined some of it.

5. I miss TigerStripe destroying shit, we had an entire gaming community full-alert scared across the entire Internet. (HAIL TWERG)

6. There's shit tons more. but I'm done for now.

Bottom line is this forum will never EVER be up to par with Pandy. And honestly no forum will. But compared to a lot of other places this one has almost no life and little purpose. It is destined to die.
Basically EA fucked over Pandemic and our way of life is ruined.

EDIT: As soon as I was done posting this I noticed there was 7 guests.
Random fact.
Old 09-Dec-2010, 22:29

God damn it I remember the old boards.
Lots of good times.
Old 10-Dec-2010, 06:33
Superior ef'n Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHateHero329 View Post
Post maybe old, but I never bothered to view this thread until now.

Below are the reasons why Pandemic died to me:

1. Fargo, Laz, Gator, and countless others aren't here. And those people fucking made the place. We had our own culture and memes, The internet feared our Man-Eating Grass.
None of these "cultures and memes" existed before someone created them. You all are capable of creating yet another culture that will allow this group to become a whole workable unit.

Quote:
2. Everyone was excited for Mercs 2, and honestly when it came out the forums started to die. Eventually we realized this game ended up sucking and that did more damage. 3 YEARS EXCITED FOR BULLSHIT. (I love pandemic and fully blame EA, they're fuckers.)
Forums that exist solely to promote games will always fail. Games have a finite life cycle and any forum dependent solely on that game will have the same finite cycle. The trick is to make the forum more than just about a game. Thus the creation of "off topic" type forums.

Quote:
3. Forum games we're the shit. But now as a High School-er that has more important things to do, they seem boring when I could play Total War as opposed to DW. (Not implying that your some sort of loser for playing text based games, some people really enjoy them.)
Yes, forum games can be fun, but they need to be more broadly scoped. Something that would interest a greater age differential to encourage more participation.

Quote:
blah...blah...
Quote:
Bottom line is this forum will never EVER be up to par with Pandy. And honestly no forum will. But compared to a lot of other places this one has almost no life and little purpose. It is destined to die.
Basically EA fucked over Pandemic and our way of life is ruined.

EDIT: As soon as I was done posting this I noticed there was 7 guests.
Random fact.
Bottom line is your crystal ball seems to be fogging up. This forum has as good a chance as any other of becoming as big or bigger than the Pandy forums. The only things standing in the way of this happening are the people like you that condemn it to fail before it has had a chance...and, of course the interest of the members in making something of this place.
Old 10-Dec-2010, 07:03

Than this forum needs something other than to be a reunion spot for those of us that are left.

And somehow a steady flow of new members.
Old 10-Jan-2011, 19:47

I could tell my friends (They aren't too spammy of fellows, mostly intellectual (One has this whole writing a book thing, haven't read it tho)

YOU should too.